We are proud to say we are exclusively partnering with Thales for their OT Security Consultant hire!
OT / Industrial Control System – Consultant- Locations Ebbw Vale, Crawley, Reading or Bristol
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
As the OT Security consultant you will be involved implementing solutions within the OT Security environment mitigating security risk’s and networks, working across complex niche projects. This role will suit someone who has experience working in industries domains such as manufacturing/CNI and has proven experience across policies and standards that are required for systems and operating environments.
In line with Thales’ Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
- Understanding of industrial control systems device configuration and possesses the ability to test, diagnose, configure and maintain control systems.
- Articulate how security in the connected world is best implemented at the point where IT meets other industry domains such as manufacturing/CNI.
- An understanding of the threats arising from the exploitation of vulnerabilities in the attack surfaces created across a distributed system and how these can be managed.
- Understanding of how to secure a network using technologies and security protocols.
- Undertake vulnerability assessments of networks and devices using tools and databases to produce a contextualised list of vulnerabilities.
- Produce security architecture design documents that have been created through an analysis of the potential risks, which has taken into account threats and likely attack routes to a system and produces pragmatic security controls.
- Selection of appropriate security components to provide security enforcing functions that can be justified through the evaluation of component’s security function and implementation.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Policies and Standards that are required for systems operating in a controlled environment. Such as ISO, industry specific for Nuclear / CNI / transportation or government/department policies.
- Production of security risks through identification of vulnerabilities, assessment of exposure, likelihood and severity of the risk in a quantitative or qualitative format that follows an industry recognised risk assessment methodology.
- Ability to analyse information and produce reports, network diagrams and recommendations on how to improve security posture.
- Ability to plan control, report and manage the risk for a defined package of work to ensure delivery of on time, budget and quality products.